Thursday, March 26, 2015

10 Months and counting!

Jane is 10 months old! Time flies. Her first birthday will be here before I know it! When I started writing this post Jane was a little over 9 months old. I had to change the title from 9 months and counting to 10 months! I just couldn't find the time to finish it. Jane had been having a hard time sleeping. She is doing better again. So hopefully I will finish this one before she's too much older than 10 months. ;)

The past couple of months came with lots of milestones for Jane!

She can stand with no support for a couple of seconds! (not long enough to take a picture yet) 

Her first and second teeth came through. Teething really seems to bother her. She doesn't sleep well and she will pull on her ear a lot. (She doesn't have an ear infection. The doctor made sure at our last well check.) Hopefully we can catch a break from teething soon. You can see the results of her hard work below. :)

Can we stay outside all day?

She went to the park for the first time and loved it! Her favorite thing to do at the park is swing in the baby swing. 

Wheeee!

We have been back a few times and the swing continues to be her favorite. She enjoys everything at the park though. She really just loves to be outside.


Can we do this more often?

Jane also climbed up her first step! The one pictured below actually. She loves to climb anything and everything! If I am lying on the floor, she thinks I'm there just as an obstacle course for her. ;) If I put something in her way to try to deter her from going a certain direction, she thinks I am just trying to challenge her. 


So I can use this to help me climb?

Jane can say Momma when she wants me and she will say "Hi Dad!" when Sam gets home from work. She has also learned to shake her head no when she doesn't want something. I didn't try to teach her that, she just picked it up on her own. Jane will say Hi when someone says Hi to her some of the time. She is not shy! She smiles and waves to strangers. I love that she has her own language just like I did when I was her age. She's very talkative. At least she knows what she's saying! 


See Mom! Rain comes from the clouds!
We survived her first cold and about a month later, endured a bout of allergies. It's always so hard for me when Jane isn't feeling her best. I want to make it all better, like any mom would. Through her cold she still stayed pretty happy. She was a tad bit fussier and had a harder time sleeping. She needed a few more cuddles than normal, which I was happy to provide.


Can you make it better mom?

Jane started walking with only one of my hands for balance and can walk while holding on to a walker. I think she will be walking soon! 

Is this how I do it?


The most notable accomplishment of the last two months was learning to crawl! Just a week before she was 9 months old she figured it out! First she would kind of hop/scoot to get around. Then she moved on to one knee and one foot. Now she is crawling the traditional way and is getting pretty quick!

This crawling thing is awesome!!

Learning to crawl came hand in hand with learning the meaning of the word "No". ;) Jane learning to crawl made the number of times I say no in a day increase drastically! Jane will stop what she's doing when I tell her no some of the time. Other times she will look at me for a second and then continue with whatever she was not supposed to be doing. She will learn eventually. I need to learn patience as she learns obedience. Staying calm and composed, even when Jane is doing something she's not supposed to do for the 10th time that day, is definitely a lesson in patience. I'm grateful God uses being a mother to refine my character.


It's my own little house!

A new favorite of Jane's is to play under the dining room table. It's so cute. Her smile is always such a pick me up. :)

It's an obstacle course too!

And as you can see below, it was a favorite of mine when I was young too. :)


I think I'm close to Jane's age in this picture.
I sit Jane down each month and try to get at least one good picture of her. That way I can look back at them and see how much she's grown. I always end up liking so many of them, I can never pick just one. So here are our little picture sessions from 9 and 10 months. When she turns One I'll do a blog post of all 12 months.

9 month pictures.

She loves her Jo Bhaer 


10 month pictures!


She's really loving stuffed animals now
Clapping!

Hebrews 12:11
Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; Nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.


Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment