Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Rain!

It rained for almost two days straight earlier this week! Jane and I started to get a little stir crazy being cooped up inside for so long. (We try to get outside for at least a little bit everyday, as long as it's not too cold or raining. Jane loves to be outside!) Jane crawled over to the back door, stood up and started to pat on the door. It was still raining, but it was a very light rain. I opened the door just to see what she would do and she crawled right out! I thought "Oh well, she needs a bath anyway." :)

I thought she might not like being rained on and start fussing or turn back, but she loved it! She started crawling all over the deck, patting the little puddles as she went. Then she found the porch chair and stood up and cruised around the chairs and side table for a few minutes.

Giving me a wave

She got soaked! I noticed she started shivering, but she didn't stop smiling. I decided it was time to take her inside and give her a nice, warm bath.

Loving it!

For future Jane's sake I won't post naked bath pictures of her on the internet. Sorry!

I'd say it was a fun first encounter with rain for Jane. Her pants got filthy. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them completely clean again, but it was worth it. You have to let your kids get dirty and explore! Like Miss Frizzle says "Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!"

Acts 14:17
Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that he did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.


Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,
And floods on the dry ground;
I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,
And My blessing on your offspring;


No comments:

Post a Comment