Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Craft: Family Board Book

All the materials

I was browsing Pinterest (Which I love! I don't know why I resisted it so long.) and came across an idea to make your own board book for your baby. I thought it was a great idea and didn't seem too complex. I wanted make a family book for Jane, so she could learn everyone's face and name. I found a blank board book on Amazon for about $5. I bought some white, light weight (65lb) card stock and I already had some Mod Podge and foam paint brushes from another craft I was working on. The only thing left to do in preparation was to pick out the pictures and add a caption. (When I was looking through pictures, I realized a few family members don't have a good  picture with Jane. We'll have to remedy that soon!) Once I had all the pictures ready I printed them, cut them out and started gluing them on the board book. I spread a layer of Mod Podge on the board book then positioned my picture and pressed it firmly to the page. After a couple of minutes, I added a thin sealing layer of Mod Podge on top of the picture. I made sure to let the page dry completely (30 min or more) before turning the page to work on the next. That way the pages wouldn't stick to each other.

If I make another board book, I will probably try to print on normal paper and see how it works out. The card stock is too thick and doesn't let the board book close all the way.

Here is the finished product! It's definitely not perfect, but I'm still happy with how it turned out.







1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment