Friday, February 13, 2015

These are a few of Jane's favorite things

Yes, the title of this post is a line from a song in The Sound of Music. When I was thinking of what to name this post, it came to mind, tune and all. I'm not sure why though. I've never watched the Sound of Music all the way through, from what I can remember. (I hope to remedy that soon) I think it might be because when I was about 7 years old my mom worked nights at Randalls for a short time. (she was a stay at home mom all the rest of my childhood) During that time my dad put me and my brother to bed. My brother, my dad and I would all sit on the bed and sing a couple of songs and pray before bedtime. I have fond memories of those times. I specifically remember singing Do Re Mi together. That's must be why I remember the song My Favorite Things as well. Just a little memory of one of my favorite things growing up. Love you Dad! Even though Mom working nights for that short time was tough on all of us, you made it fun. Thanks. :)

Without further ado, these are a few of Jane's favorite things.

Standing up has always been Jane's favorite! She has been standing with assistance since she was about 2 months old. Sadly, I didn't get good picture of her standing until she was 3 months old.

"Standing is amazing!"
3 months old

She's still not crawling yet. I'm not worried about it though. I think her love for standing has something to do with it.

"Is this how I do it?"
3 months old

Her legs have always been really strong.

"Woah! You mean your not holding on it me!"
6 months old

Now she absolutely loves walking around her crib or while holding on to the coffee table.

"I can move around on my own? YAY!"
8 months old
She has become an even happier baby now that she can get around by holding on to things. She will scoot while she is sitting to get closer to pull up on something, anything really, so she can stand up and start moving around.


Sleeping with me has been a favorite of Jane's since birth. Sleeping without me is a different story. ;)

Relaxing by Pappaw and Marmee's pool
1 week old

It's one of the best feelings ever to having your baby sleeping on you.

Never get tired of this
7 weeks old

Cleaning the house can always wait, right? The house isn't going anywhere.

Sleeping on my lap while I work
4 months old

Haha, it looks like she's trying to cover her ears. She was probably tired of hearing me type.

Feel asleep reading a book
5 months old

I always try to read Jane a couple of books before bed. She is doing really well at turning the pages.

Smiling in her sleep
8 months old

I told you sleeping with me is one of her favorite things. Just look at her smile.


Jane found her thumb really early! She couldn't figure out how to get it back in her mouth for a couple months, but once she figured it out her thumb was a definite favorite.

Found her thumb!
1 week old

At first I tried to fight it. I would take her thumb out of her mouth when she started to suck on it. But I gave in eventually because it was the only thing that would soothe her when she was upset.

She was chewing on her toy, decided her thumb was more interesting.
3 months old

She doesn't care for pacifiers. I tried to replace her thumb with a pacifier but it never worked.

Both thumbs!!
4 months old

She had a couple weeks where she wanted to suck both thumbs at once! It was so cute.

Nap time!
4 months old

Bah! I am powerless against the cuteness!

Sleepy girl
8 months old

She mostly sucks her thumb when she's sleepy. I'm not worried since she doesn't seem super dependent on it.


A new favorite is her stuffed bear.

Jane and her Jo Bhaer
8 months old

It's a little white bear with a purple scarf. It actually came with a bottle of perfume someone gave me a few years ago. I liked the little bear, so I kept it. I decided it would be perfect to give Jane. I don't have many pictures with her and her bear yet, because it's only been a favorite of her's for the last couple of weeks. She will pick it out of all her other stuffed animals. I have lovingly named it Jo Bhaer. Fans of Little Women/Men will get it. :)

I feel like this post is getting long, so I'll stop here. I love to watch as Jane shows more of her favorites as she gets older.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; But the greatest of these is love.

I like to think I'm a favorite of Jane's. She's definitely my favorite.
8 months old

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely Jane's favorite! I love seeing the progression of her personality that has been there from the beginning and your matching chin dimples. :-)

    ReplyDelete