Friday, February 6, 2015

First trip to the park!

This post will be less words more pictures! Jane, my mom and I went to Elm Grove park today. It was my favorite childhood park. All the playground equipment is different from when I was a kid but it still has the same scenery. It's so fun to get to take Jane to the same parks I went to as a kid!

First time in the baby swing. She's not sure yet.

Mid-Swing! She's in love!

Can you see that tooth in there??

First slide!

Jane and her Marmee. I love my mom's face in this one.

Trying a bigger slide with me!

Swinging into tickles

Kisses from Marmee

Trying the big swing out

She made a friend by the swing that doesn't want to sleep through the night either. ;)

Me at the park 25 years ago. I miss all the wooden structures.

I guess I'm grateful that playgrounds are safer now, but these new playgrounds don't quite measure up to the playgrounds I grew up with! Wooden structures, metal slides, ahh the memories... It's still tons of fun though! At least swings are still the same. They have always been my favorite.

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, 
Be acceptable in your sight,
 O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.

Me and my brother, Scott. Good times!


2 comments:

  1. Love all of these pictures! I've been taking my kiddos to the parks I used to frequent as a kid, and most of them haven't changed... Part of me wishes they would! Splinters, holes in fences just begging to be escaped through, and warped wood to trip over galore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! That's true, if old parks aren't maintained they become dangerous pretty quickly.

      Delete