Monday, June 12, 2017

This isn't Jane's first Rodeo


If you're looking for Jane's first Rodeo you can click here. This year it was Atlas's first rodeo! As you can see, he definitely enjoyed it! It's been two years since Jane's first Rodeo. This time around Jane could really appreciate everything going on around her and she loved it!!

You mean I get to pet ALL these animals??

The first year we went to the rodeo with Jane we ran out of time and missed going to the petting zoo. So we made sure it was our first stop this year! Jane adores animals and would pet and hug all of them if she had a chance. So she did just that. :)

Which one should I pet next!!
Atlas was pretty captivated by the animals too!
























We got to pet pigs, deer, goats, sheep, chickens and a kangaroo! I love animals too, so I had fun getting to be with all the animals too. :) There was so much to see at the rodeo Jane didn't have any trouble leaving the animals at the petting zoo to experience more rodeo fun!

First pony ride!!

Our next stop was the pony rides! Jane had been requesting to ride a horse for months. Her love of horses makes my heart happy. I love horses and horseback riding. It makes me so glad that she is seeming to take after me in that area. The pony rides at the rodeo were the perfect controlled setting for Jane's first ride. I can't wait to take her out riding with me one day! 

Pump the water!
Marmee showing Atlas how to do it.
























Right across from the pony rides they had a educational farm tour. Jane really enjoyed it! Atlas was a little young, but he still liked watching everything. I would have loved it as a kid! They give you a "seed" to plant (a coin with a picture of a vegetable) and once you planted your seed they gave you a play vegetable to put in your basket. There was a water pumping station both the kids were interested in.

I just love her little hand-me-down John Deere boots!

Jane thought milking the cow was super fun!














Then there were fake cows to milk, sheep to shear, and chicken eggs to gather. It was much bigger and longer than we expected. I'm not sure if we would have gone in if we had realized how long it would take us to go through, but I'm glad we did it.

It's a corn box! 
I think this was Atlas's favorite part of the tour.

Near the end of the tour they had a couple of sandboxes for the kids to play in, but instead of sand it was corn kernels! So much fun! they both loved it. Once you collected all your farm items you got to sell it all at the farmers market and they gave you some play money. You gave some money to the bank to save and you used the other to buy a real snack! We got rice crispies and cheese its. It felt like an outdoor children's museum. After this we grabbed some lunch. Atlas and Jane thought the corn dog and fries were really tasty!

Jane at the 2015 Rodeo!
Atlas at the 2017 Rodeo
Jane at the 2017 Rodeo
























I believe playing on the big John Deere tractor will be a favorite for a long time! Jane loved it just as much as the first time she got to pretend to drive one. Atlas and Jane had a hard time sharing and being done when it was time to move on. I love that Atlas and Jane are pretty much matching with their plaid shirts at their first rodeos. 😍

Watching the horses

Oh man, I don't know what it is about that picture right there, but I LOVE it! I guess it's the Texan in me. Little girl + denim skirt + cowboy boots + standing on a corral panel = absolute adorableness!!


Chillin
climbin

There was a playset display that the kids were allowed to play on in the rodeo shopping area. So we decided to let Jane get some energy out while Atlas chilled in his stroller chewing on a water bottle.

Little bitty chicks!

fascinated by the chickens!

Finally we were off to look at some animals. We didn't go look at too many because it was getting late in the afternoon and the crowd was getting denser and the kids were ready for their naps.

"Mom, it's not a bunny, it's a rabbit!"

Mooooooooooo!!

We went to see the rabbit exhibit, but it was super busy so we just went around the outside to look at the bunnies. When I said to Jane, "Look at the bunnies!!" She responded and said, "Mom, those aren't bunnies, those are rabbits!" πŸ˜… 

Sleepy Jane
Look at Marmee!























I wanted to get a picture with Jane in our boots standing in front of the longhorn, but she was getting sleepy/cranky and wouldn't cooperate. These two ended up being great. I love it. Real life with an almost 3 year old. πŸ˜‰

Yummy Dippin' Dots!
Atlas was a fan!

Before we headed home, we stopped to get some Dippin' Dots. It's a personal favorite of mine and when we go some where that has a kiosk I have to get some! This was the kids first Dippin' Dots experience. I think they liked it! :)

Worn out!

This was just a few minutes after heading home. We were there from about 10am to 3pm. They did awesome the whole day and they had a great time! I did too! I think we'll do this again. I can only handle these types of excursions with lots of help. Thank you so much Marmee and Pappaw for all the help wrangling my little "animals"!

Pretty herd of horses!

ZZ Top!






Actually, we went back to the rodeo the next week! ;) This time is was just my dad, me and Sam. We left in the late afternoon just to go to the Rodeo show and the concert. Marmee babysat the kiddos and got them in bed by 9:30pm! Woohoo! Way to go Marmee! My dad and Sam are ZZ Top fans. That's why we went! I liked them too. I recognized more songs than I thought I would. It was a lot of fun! See ya next year Houston Rodeo!

Proverbs 12:10-11
A righteous man regards the life of his animal,

But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread,
But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment