Saturday, February 3, 2018

Alexandria: Weeks 25-32



Here we are! Less than 2 months away from Alexandria's due date. This could potentially be my last blog post about my pregnancy before she's born! Man, that makes it feel very soon. Jane was giving me some serious threenager attitude in the picture above. She is super sweet with with Xan already though. She loves to hug and kiss my belly and say, "I love you baby sister!". Around 25 weeks was the when my belly started feeling big for the first time. Like I have to stand a little farther away from the sink to wash dishes now or thinking "Oh, getting up from the floor is a little harder now." But that feeling would come and go based on how bloated I was feeling or if I had a big meal. It took a few weeks longer to feel big everyday.

26 Weeks

Right about this point of pregnancy people stop being scared to ask if I'm pregnant and instead start asking "how many months are you?" Sam and I were at Olive Garden on one of our very rare nights out without the kids. I was sitting down in a booth and wearing a very loose fitting shirt and our waitress still asked how many months along I was. That's when I knew I officially looked pregnant to everyone. I find it funny that if I'm ever out without my kids and someone asks about my baby they're like, "Aw, is this your first??" Looking at me like I'm innocent because they have a kid or something and of course I respond with, "Oh no, this is my third." The look on their face totally changes. I think it's also because I don't look old enough to them to have three kids already. ;)

My little boy about to not be my littlest anymore!

It's interesting being pregnant a third time and having had a girl and a boy already. Alexandria has seemed so much more similar to Jane! From my symptoms to the way she moves. Atlas would move my whole stomach in more of a smooth motion when he would kick and if I would push against him he would push me back. He always seemed to wait until I was sitting down to move around a bunch.  Xan's kicks are more sharp and fast and frequent, just like Jane. When I find her foot she moves away from me and gets still like Jane used to. Yes, she moves the most when I'm still, but she's super active and doesn't wait until I sit down. So I'm wondering if it's because the girls will have similar personalities or if it's just the way girls act in my belly. :) I do know that Atlas was more soothed by movement and Jane by touch. So I have a feeling I might be wearing Xan a lot!

Another thing about being in my third pregnancy is that I feel like I have enough experience to know the difference between a kick and a punch. Around 26 weeks I noticed Xan being extra active! The most recent appointment I had with Sallie at that point she said Xan had been lying side to side in my belly. I really feel like Xan made the move to head down on that super active day! Mostly because I started feeling more kicks at the top of my belly after that point. The next appointment I had Sallie said she was head down! High five to Xan for getting in the right position for birth!! Hopefully she stays that way and is face down at the time of delivery!

26 1/2 and 28 weeks

Hellooooo Third Trimester! I knew it would get here fast, but it still surprised me! We're in the home stretch now. I know a lot of women dislike the third trimester because you get huge and uncomfortable. For me I still love most of the third trimester! With my last two I didn't get super uncomfortable like I've heard some pregnant ladies do. So far it's the same with this one. My biggest irritation with having a big belly is that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore and that makes it harder to sleep. But I really don't have any room to complain because I can still sleep through the night with no issues and I don't have to get up to go to the bathroom most nights. With Atlas I had a little more pelvic pain because he seemed to sit lower. I must carry girls higher. Or maybe she'll drop in the next few weeks and I'll feel more like I did with Atlas. We'll see! I think I remember that it's around 36 weeks that I start feeling the "I'm done being pregnant" feeling. But I do enjoy the strong baby kicks the third trimester brings and the belly shelf is nice to write or eat on when I sit down. ;) I also really like that at this point I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Meeting Alexandria doesn't feel so far away anymore. At the beginning of my third trimester I had the privilege of attending my sweet friend Esther's baby shower. It was lovely to see her and some old Camp Tejas friends too. I love that we've gotten to grab two bump pictures together. It's so special! It's been really fun to talk throughout pregnancy with our due dates so close together and see the differences of it being her first and my third. I cannot wait to find out if she's having a girl or a boy and hear baby Wegener's name!

Baby bump in the snow! 29 1/2 weeks.

Oh my goodness! We had snow in Houston two times this year! The last time I remember snow was on Sam's birthday right before we started dating. That was 8 years ago! I asked Jane to take a picture of me and Xan in the snow. She did a great job! She's becoming quite the photographer. As you can tell from the picture, I don't want to spend money on a thick maternity coat that I'll wear just a few times. So I make due with layering a couple of roomy sweaters and my not zipping up my nice warm winter coat. I actually stayed pretty warm! Of course I did have a little baby heater to help me out. My hands and feet getting super cold was what made me go inside!

Sweet nap time cuddles with my oldest before the youngest arrives ;)

I know Alexandria will be here before I know it. So I am trying to take advantage of having only two kids right now. Doing my best to spend quality time with both of them as much as I can before I have to split my time between three kids with one of them being a super attention needy newborn. So when I don't have any work to do and one of them falls asleep on me I take an extra moment and soak up the cuddles while I can. When people ask me if I'm excited or ready for Alexandria the answer is "Yes!" but I'm not in a hurry. I know the time we have right now is special and it will all change when we add a newborn to the mix. So I try to enjoy every day that I have left with just two little kiddos.

Three car seats across in my Grand Prix!
Roomies!!





30 weeks is when nesting comes on strong for me! I start feeling the need to have everything in order for her birth and to get done anything that I've been putting off. I know if I've been procrastinating with something for a while then there's a pretty good chance I won't find the time to do it when I have a newborn. So I better get it done now! I've been cleaning the windows, vacuuming my car and getting my taxes done. I have been making the necessary changes to make room for Xan. I ordered a new car seat for Jane so Atlas could move up to Jane's car seat and Xan can have the one Atlas was using. I got Atlas situated in his booster seat at the table so he wouldn't still be attached to the high chair when Xan is ready for it. We are in the process of moving Atlas into Jane's room and transitioning him to the toddler bed. Jane is thrilled to have her brother for a roommate! He did pretty good on his first night! He took quite a while to fall asleep, but he didn't get out of the bed the whole night and didn't wake up until 8am.  A week later he still takes a while to fall asleep and gets too excited if he's still awake when I put Jane in bed. So we've still got some adjusting to do, but at least we've got 2 months to work on it. This way the crib will be available right away if we want to use it. We didn't move Sam's office for Atlas to have a room of his own and access to the crib until he was 9 months. He was very difficult and took a long time to get him used to the crib. I'm trying to avoid that problem this time around.

30 weeks!

About a week ago I got out all of Jane's newborn to 3 month baby clothes, washed and organized them and put them away in her dresser. Jane was the one that suggested we give all her clothes to Xan. I think she got the idea because she read it in one of her new baby books. She was so excited to look through all the tiny baby clothes. She kept saying, "Awwwww, look how tiny!" "So adorable!" in the cutest little voice! I was so captivated watching her as she went through the clothes that I didn't even grab a video/picture to capture the cuteness. I wish I could share the adorableness with you! She's such a mother already. I really feel like she is going to be super helpful with the baby. Probably too helpful at times, but I'm looking forward to seeing her as a big sister to her little baby sister.

Realizing just how long her name is...

But it's easily shortened!

We were playing with alphabet blocks the other day and I decided to spell out Alexandria's name and when I did I was like, "Wow, that's long." It happens to be at least double the length of my other two kids names. It doesn't mean I love it any less, it was just a moment where it hit me with just how long it is. I think it's fun how long it is, but then most of the time we'll shorten it to only 3 letters long. I love the possibilities of her name. Well, here we are at 32 weeks and we're still figuring out a middle name! Jane's suggestion was Evie. :) Eleanor is my favorite now. I love that it means "God is my light" or "Bright, Shining one". A "maybe" is the most positive answer I've gotten to a middle name from Sam so far. So we'll see! We're still not ready to commit. It's really starting to feel like it will come down to when we're filling out the birth certificate! ;)

All of this, including the bouncer for less than $25

I received a 20% off my whole purchase coupon for Target because an item that I ordered didn't make it before Christmas. I didn't buy it for Christmas anyway, but it didn't make it in time for the Baby Shower that I intended it for either. I thought, "That's a nice way to make up for it and I'll make sure I take advantage of it!" So I headed off to Target one day while my mom watched the kids. I was excited to shop for Xan on my own! My old bouncer that was a hand me down from my sister-in-law broke when Atlas had just about outgrown it. So I was hoping to find one for a good price. I also was going to keep my eye out for a cute wubbanub and maybe a newborn outfit that would just be for Xan. I walked through the baby department for a while and decided the baby outfits and the bouncers were too expensive for my taste even with 20% off. (bouncers were $35 and up) Also they only had 4 animal choices on the wubbanubs and none that I was interested in.  I ended up leaving with nothing that was specifically for Xan. I did find an affordable umbrella stroller for $16 and I got myself some socks. ;) I had a little more time on my hands, so I decided to go across the store to my new favorite thrift store, Kid to Kid. They were having a sale where all their clearance items were $1!! I was in heaven. I could have spent all day in there, but I needed to relieve my mom soon, so I only looked at the newborn items. Instead of spending $8+ on one outfit at Target I spent about $9 for 5 outfits that look like they've never been worn! (one of them wasn't clearance, but had the original tag on it and was still only $4) I also found a bouncer that looks brand new for $14. Thrift stores are my favorite! I am sorely missing my thrift store that was only 2 miles from me. They closed shortly after Harvey, but not due to flooding. It was sudden and no one knew about it! It made me very sad. At least I have a new thrift store I love! The only down side is that it's 20 minutes away. Maybe that will keep me from buying too much though! ;)

Sweet little boy asking to swing while Jane took my picture.
     
I feel like ever since I got three car seats to fit in my car having three kids finally started to click in my head. It's all beginning to feel very real. Around this time is when I feel comfortable with people (But not strangers!) touching my belly. Anytime before I felt like they were just feeling my belly fat. Now it feels like they are touching the baby. I find myself rubbing my belly a lot or searching for her foot nowadays. My connection with her has definitely deepened over the last few weeks. I'm having a baby soon and my brain is finally on board. "Oh this is really happening!" ;) I bought newborn diapers at the store today. I just have a to order my birth kit and organize my clothes and towels for birth and then I'm just about ready! Obviously I want her to wait until at least 38 weeks, but I will be ready for her when she gets here! I'm so excited to meet her and look into her sweet face! Only 8ish weeks left!!

32 Weeks!

1 John 1:5-7
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment