Thursday, July 20, 2017

Blog Fail....

Sooooo I was almost finished with my Spring Adventures 2017 part 2 post. I mean soooo close. I was just adding a bible verse at the end and somehow I pressed something(I have no idea what!) and it cleared the whole post, it automatically saved and I can't get it back... 😭😭😭 Because I never actually posted it and only saved it as a draft and never backed it up, it's gone and there is nothing I can do. I've search the internet for solutions and send a message to blogger. Alas no luck.



I know it's not a big deal. It's just a blog. I can redo it. I just hate the idea of losing time or feeling like the time I spent writing it is just wasted now. The last time remember having this feeling is when I was playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(nerd alert!) and somehow I saved the game at the exact wrong time and found a glitch where the game won't let you progress if you saved your game in a certain room and at very specific time. I had spend 30 hours playing that game and I had to start all over. I know to people who don't play video games it doesn't make since but for me it is a terrible feeling like all of those hours of my life were just erased.

Sadness!

But my mom is awesome. In both situations she encouraged me that I could do it over and the time I feel like was wasted was not wasted at all. The game is all about problem solving and puzzles so it's good for your mind and it relaxed me. Blogging is similar. It makes me think and keeps my mind sharp and it's very relaxing and enjoyable to me. Also I have an idea of what pictures I added and wrote about. So it will be faster the second time. But it feels harder now when I have two kids and a puppy and the time I have to myself is very limited. I was going to be caught up on my blog for the first time in over a year!! But it's ok. I feel like I've made it through the 5 stages of grief pretty quickly. 1. Denial "No... No... NO!! NONONONONONO!!!! That didn't just happen... it's still there. There's no way. I'll find it." 2. Anger "I'm so mad!! How did I just do that???? Stupid blogger. This is ridiculous! ARGGGGG" 3. Bargaining "I'll send a message to the blogger feedback! Can you please help me get my post back? It was so long and I was almost finished! Please let me know what I have to do...." 4. Depression "Oh my goodness, Why?? I am so disappointed... I'll never be able to do it all over again. Maybe I should just give up my blog." 5. Acceptance "It's totally fine. There's nothing I can do. I will do it over. It won't take me as long and it will probably be better the second time anyway!" :D It was the cutest thing when Jane was really concerned about me. Jane said, "Mom, what's wrong! Tell me what's wrong!" "Oh it's ok mom." Patting my arm. "It will be ok!"

How can I be sad with that happy face staring at me.

Haha, I feel like I'm being extra dramatic because I'm watching Jane the Virgin right now and everything is super dramatic on that show... but also hilarious! 😂 Anyway, I just needed to vent and let y'all know it's going to be a while before I get another blog post out since I'm pretty much back to square one. I dropped a few recent pictures in here get you by until then... because I have such a large/loyal blog audience and all. haha!! But seriously, those of you who read, thanks! I appreciate that you care what's going on with me and my family. Love y'all! :)

I've got so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment